Literacy Narrative Draft (Unedited)

Celibel Capellan

Prof. Ewan

FIQWS

02-25-2019

New of Doing Thinking

We Beat The STreet:How Friendship Pact Led To Success is a biography about three black children who managed to survive the street life though being friends and become doctors in the end. The three children we Dr.Sampson Davis, Dr.George Jenkins, and Dr.Rameck Hunt who were the writers of this book with the help of Sharon Draper. Both Dr.Davis and Dr.Hunt grew up to be an emergency physician in their life, and as for Dr.Jenkins, he grew up to be a health advocate dentist.

When attending my last year in primary school I did not have a clue of how life really was. I was someone who was considered as naive. However, when the class began preparing for reading a new book, my mind was open to how the world or life was because of this new book. As briefly stated before, the book was about three future doctors who had to overcome  how they were treated outside in the streets. Together, the three the boys had to overcome the influence of others and the idea of not going to or through the wrong path in life. Reading We Beat The Streets:How Friendship Pact Let To Success brought a whole new perspective and  way of how I was going to do things in life.

There were parts in the non fictional book that really impacted my way of thinking as well as how the book was structured. In the book it was separated into sections that changed into the boys perspective with a two to three guidance of how life is. With the non fictional biography I was able to take how these boys lived their life and took on their opportunities. With them taking their chances and leading through life together with a goal, I was able to take in how to act in the street as well with others.

Now every time I would go out in the streets I would speak in in both languages to broaden my the two languages I speak while still being alert and aware of what’s around me. The reason I did this is because I wanted to take advantage of what I have and improve it for that later on in the future I would use this as a chance to take what I want to be in life like these men did. Dr.Sampson, Jenkins, and Hunt all took their opportunities of what they have a school together to get what they want to be at life. Like mentioned before they had to go through challenges of not being influenced the wrong way by others in the streets or at school. And that really impacted my young self because it made me wary of who was trying to help me and be a good stepping stone in life.